Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Special Place

In today’s busy world, it is important to have a place you can go to relax and unwind. Somewhere you can sit with your thoughts, read a book, sew or just watch the world go by. I have found that one of the secrets to simple living is being able to slow down and enjoy the day rather than rush about ‘getting jobs done’. Having a special place can help me to slow down – especially when I get caught up in the day to day rush. I find that the more I rush, the more I seem to need to do and the more stressed I get.

So, I created my new special place on the weekend.

We have a little patio out the front that is sheltered from the road and the afternoon sun by a large, old camellia tree. The little garden was full of weeds and beyond that was the view of the neighbour’s wall but I could see it had potential.


I cleaned out the garden and planted some plants that will help to screen the brick wall and offer additional privacy.


A bit of a sweep and some tables and chairs and voila! A lovely area to sit back with a cup of tea and watch the world go by.

I was so inspired by my work that I decided to start a new project. I thought I would do a granny squares blanket for Miss Berry’s bed for winter. Granny Squares are perfectly portable and I can sit outside in the afternoon and crochet without worrying about getting my work dirty. What a great way to relax and unwind!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...