Wednesday, December 24, 2008

1 Day Til Christmas


Hopefully, today should be calm. I am making progress with my list of things to do and only have a few things I haven’t crossed off. I do have to make a trip to the supermarket today. We have a major supermarket that is tucked away under apartments here and it is usually pretty quiet. Hopefully today won’t be too bad.

I have decided to try and buy some supermarket salads rather than try and make 4 different salads on Christmas Day. I can then spend more time with Mr Berry and Miss Berry on Christmas morning. I will still do a garden salad (imagine a pre-made garden salad, can someone say soggy?) and there will be a homemade potato and cabbage salad.

Angela, here is the Chilled Mulled Wine recipe. I found it on the Taste website and this will be the first year I have made it. I made the syrup yesterday and it made the house smell divine. It tastes nice too (although very sweet on its own).

Chilled Mulled Wine

250ml (1 cup) fresh orange juice, strained
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
2 x 7cm cinnamon sticks
8 whole cloves
2 x 750ml bottles chilled sparkling shiraz

Stir orange juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until syrup thickens. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to infuse.
Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks and cloves. Pour syrup among serving glasses. Top with sparkling wine and serve immediately.

Serves 12.

Australian Good Taste - December 2005, Page 62 Recipe by Sarah Hobbs

1 comment:

Char / Stitchary! said...

I'm catching up on my reading and writing today. I love that photo and though I'm not Angela, LOL, I like the mulled wine recipe! Happy Holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...