Pasta with Pumpkin and Chickpeas
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pasta, enough to serve 4 (about 400g)
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp of basil pesto (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 200 oC.
Toss pumpkin, onion and garlic with olive oil and roast in oven for 30 minutes. When cooked, squeeze out inside of garlic to toss with pasta.
Meanwhile, cook pasta and add chickpeas to the pot for the last couple of minutes to warm them through.
Drain pasta and chickpeas and toss with garlic, pesto and olive oil if needed. Fold though the pumpkin and onions. Season and top with freshly shaved Parmesan.