Friday, October 31, 2008

Just Being

Part of living simply is learning to 'just be'. By this I mean learning to enjoy the moment rather than rushing about thinking of all the things that need to be done.

This can be very hard to do as there are always things that need to be done (yes, even living simply is a lot of work).

This morning Miss Berry woke and I when I went into her room she was still a bit sleepy. I got her up and she put her arms around my neck, gave me a big kiss and then put her head on my shoulder.

Rather than continuing with our normal routine I sat in the rocking chair and we had a big cuddle. It was a wonderful feeling having my little girl nestle into me like that. Being able to take the time to look at her gorgeous little fingers as she twirled her hair around them, listening to her little noises as she lay there and her much treasured kisses are all things that I know have made my day much more enjoyable.

The bed still needed to be made, the washing hung out and the dishes done but it really didn't matter that they weren't done by 8am.

No matter what today (or Miss Berry) throws at me, I know I will be better able to cope. This morning re-charged me more than a good nights sleep can - it re-charged my soul.

Miss Berry actually went back to sleep (which is rare) so I got the chance to write about how wonderful this morning has made me feel. I will never get this morning back and I am grateful that I have this beautiful memory rather than one of rushing about like a mad chook.

Try to 'just be' sometime today - whether it is sitting in a park on your lunch break instead of in a crowded food court, playing with your little ones, sitting in a special part of your garden or taking the time to tell a loved one how much they mean to you and re-charge your soul.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...