Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baking Day

The plan was to spend the day in the kitchen. Not only do I need to clean out the pantry and the fridge but I also need to do some baking. I like to have some snacks in the freezer so I thought I would make some corn and ham muffins for Miss Berry and some banana cake and oat and apricot biscuits for us. On the list of baking was also some bolognaise sauce which I freeze in Miss Berry sized portions and a lentil and rice hotpot that I also freeze up for Miss Berry.
I have already made up some breakfast cereal this morning.

Home-Made Muesli
1 ½ cups rolled oats
2 tblsp wheat germ
½ cup oat bran
½ cup bran
½ cup sultanas
¼ cup goji berries

I mixed this together and I served it with stewed apricots and prunes for Miss Berry and with yoghurt and some mixed nuts for Mr Berry and myself. It was very nice but I think I might try a toasted version next time.

But, that is all I have done so far because my darling Miss Berry has decided to do this ...





... and when I stop her she throws herself back and starts crying. So it looks like I am going to have a day of teaching her to sit calmly on the lounge and to get down without hurting herself.

I just had to snap the photo, how cute are those little toes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...