Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Lovely Thought on Parenting

I've been cruising around the internet tonight (because once again I have too much time on my hands) and I came across an article on Slow Parenting at Wellbeing.com.

Within in the article is this quote:


"....while there is no ideal model because there are lots of ways to grow up, there are basic ingredients all kids need: “healthy food, enough sleep, time to play and get bored, freedom to think and explore the world, the right to chose their own path in life, love, security and affection with no conditions attached”."
 

This is timely for me as I've spent the day listening to some families compete on how many activities their five and six year olds do - soccer, football, violin, piano, dancing etc etc. We don't do much in the way of activities so I wisely kept my mouth shut. This article reminded me of why we keep the kids schedule reasonably free.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...