Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Little Cook

Miss Berry loves to cook and for the past few months she has told me when she grows up she wants to be a chef and bake cakes. (And no, this is not because of MasterChef).

Personally, I am encouraging her cooking. I figure by the time she is 5, I can get her cooking most of our meals. A five year old can use an oven and cook top unsupervised right? Imagine all the spare time I would have to catch up on my web-surfing if I didn't have to cook dinner each night.

The cleaning of the kitchen may be another matter. Once we have done the cooking, Miss Berry suddenly finds the whole thing very boring and moves on to something else, only to return in time for the taste testing.

Here is Miss Berry being totally absorbed in Play School whilst I cleaned up the flour she managed to sift everywhere but into the bowl this afternoon.


But even though I have been demoted to kitchen hand, I am really enjoying the time we spend together in the kitchen. And so far, she seems to be a good cook. Here is the (little) cake she made today:

A carrot, zucchini and pineapple cake.

I made one too, although mine is a more grown up size. Miss Berry's is sitting on a saucer to give you the idea of the size. Mine is also iced in an equally grown up lemon cream cheese icing. Yum.

Thankfully this cake is a weight watchers recipe because we also made caramel slice. I think I have put on 5kgs just by inhaling the smell of the cooking caramel and the chocolate topping.

I am sure the two will balance each other out. Or perhaps they cancel each other out.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...